iPhone users can now pay online using Octopus card
Tapping Octopus cards is now enabled on iPhone*! This means that, no matter whether your mobile device uses Android or iOS, you can now download the Octopus App to pay online safely and conveniently using your Octopus card*, O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM, Octopus on Apple Pay or Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay anywhere anytime.
- Shop and pay at designated online merchants
- Purchase and save e-tickets for specific merchants
- Make bill payments at specific merchants and set a monthly reminder to avoid payment delays
- Make payment of specific government bills or service fees
- Make donations to specific charity organisations
- Pay with just one tap of your Octopus card to the NFC area of your mobile device or Octopus Mobile Reader*, or through direct deduction from your O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM, Octopus on Apple Pay and Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay.
- Every time an online payment is made, the purchase amount will only be deducted from the Octopus card, O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM, Octopus on Apple Pay or Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay. You can check the transaction records instantly on the Octopus App (or the Samsung Pay app if you pay by Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay), offering you great protection.
*Making online payment by Octopus card is applicable for:
- Android – NFC enabled mobile devices
- iOS - iPhone 7 or newer with iOS 13 or above, or connected with Octopus Mobile Reader
It is applicable for Octopus card with a 9-digit number only (eight digits plus one single digit inside the brackets). If you are holding a First Generation On-Loan Octopus card (no brackets around the last digit of the card number), you can replace it at the Octopus Service Points located at designated MTR stations and shopping malls free of charge. Find out more about the Octopus Card Replacement programme!
Download the Octopus App to enjoy the convenience of Octopus Online Payment and check your latest Octopus transaction records.
You can also search and download from the Google Play and App Store!
Please contact the merchant directly to request a refund* of your ordered goods or services. Octopus Cards Limited, as a payment service provider, is not authorised to cancel or refund any order on behalf of the merchant.
Some merchants will give refunds via the Octopus App. If such a merchant has accepted your refund request, you will receive notification via the Octopus App, or you can check the status in the app directly. (The time to process a notification depends on merchants). For payments made by Octopus, tap your Octopus card to your device or Octopus Mobile Reader as normal to collect the refund, or visit an Octopus Service Point. Refunds for payments made with O! ePay will be transferred directly to the user's account.
If Octopus, Octopus Mobile SIM, Octopus on Apple Pay or Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay users fail to collect a refund within the collection period stated in the notification, the refund will be cancelled without further notice. You will have to contact the merchant directly to make further arrangements in that case.
View our Octopus Online Merchant
If you are experiencing difficulties during the online payment process, view our FAQ to help resolve your problem.
Octopus Cards Limited is offering this service free of charge for customers, but some merchants may charge service fees or administration fees for their online shopping services. Before confirming your payment, please refer to the relevant information provided by the merchants.
The following documents are offered for your reference:
System Maintenance Schedule
Please click here to check the system maintenance schedule.