Starting from the 16th of each month, you can collect the public transport fare subsidy of the previous month by tapping your Octopus through the following channels. The subsidy will be credited to the Octopus automatically. The subsidy of each month is valid for collection within three months.
Subsidy Collection channels -
- Octopus App*; and
- Octopus Service Points;
- All outlets of 7-Eleven, Circle K, and Wellcome supermarket (including Market Place, Market Place by Jasons, Jasons ichiba and 3hreesixty); and
- Subsidy Collection Points installed at each MTR station, light rail customer service center and designated ferry piers.
Subsidy and Public Transport Expense Enquiry
Under the Scheme, you can create an account at the Octopus App or the Subsidy Enquiry Website and register your Octopus or through the Scheme hotline to enquire the detailed transaction record of public transport expenses.
You can still check the total public transport expenses of the current month, public transport expenses and subsidy amounts of the last three months through the following channels.
Enquiry channels –
- Octopus App*; and
- Scheme Website ( Subsidy Enquiry );
- Scheme Hotline (Tel: 2969 5500).
*The service is applicable for:
- Android – NFC enabled mobile devices
- iOS - iPhone 7 or newer with iOS 13 or above, or connected with Octopus Mobile Reader
It is applicable to Octopus card with a 9-digit number only (eight digits plus one single digit inside the brackets). If you are holding a First Generation On-Loan Octopus card (no brackets around the last digit of the card number), you can replace it at the Octopus Service Points located at designated MTR stations and shopping malls free of charge. Find out more about the Octopus Card Replacement programme!
Registration of Designated Transport Tickets
If you purchase designated transport tickets by cash or any payment means other than Octopus, you are required to perform simple registration within 30 days from the date of purchase. Please click here for the registration methods of different types of designated transport tickets. You can check the registration status 2 days after the date of registration in the Octopus App or at the Subsidy Enquiry webpage.