A Personalised Octopus has the name and / or photo of the cardholder printed on the back. If you have an On-Loan Personalised Octopus that does not have brackets for the last digit of the card number, or hear a "Dood~Dood Dood" sound when tapping on Octopus readers, please replace it in the following ways:
Users of iPhone or Apple Watch1 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become an Octopus on iPhone or Apple Watch via the Wallet app, Watch app or Octopus App.
Users of Huawei mobile device2 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become Huawei Pay Octopus via the HUAWEI Wallet or Octopus App.
While users of Samsung mobile devices3 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become a Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay via the Samsung Pay app and the Octopus App.
If you want to replace your Personalised Octopus that needs to be replaced, with a physical Octopus, please click here to register. After registration, a new On-Loan Personalised Octopus will be sent to you within 2-4 weeks by mail. Then, you will need to bring both the old and new cards to any Octopus Service Points located at the designated MTR stations and shopping malls, the designated Kowloon Motor Bus Customer Service Centres5 or the designated Sun Ferry Customer and Octopus Service Centres6 for replacement.
1 Please click here for the compatible iPhone and Apple Watch.
2 Please click here for the compatible Huawei mobile devices.
3 Please click here for the compatible Samsung mobile devices.
4 Only services / offers from Anonymous On-Loan Adult / Elder Octopus and Personalised On-Loan Adult / Elder Octopus (except designated card types) can be transferred.
5 Locations of the designated Kowloon Motor Bus Customer Service Centres
- Tuen Mun Customer Service Centre - Tuen Mun Central Bus Terminus, Tuen Mun
- Shatin Central Bus Terminus Customer Service Centre - Shatin Central Bus Terminus, 18 Shatin Central Street, Shatin
(For the operating dates and hours, please refer to the notice posted at these Kowloon Motor Bus Customer Service Centres.)
6 Locations of the designated Sun Ferry Customer and Octopus Service Centres
- Sun Ferry Customer and Octopus Service Centre at Mui Wo Pier - Mui Wo Ferry Pier, Lantau Island
- Sun Ferry Customer and Octopus Service Centre at Cheung Chau Pier - Cheung Chau Ferry Pier
(For the operating dates and hours, please refer to the notice posted at these Sun Ferry Customer and Octopus Service Centres.)
The following services / offers WILL be automatically transferred, if applicable, to the new replacement Octopus:
- The Remaining Value on the Octopus
- The Last 9 Spending Records
- Automatic Add Value Service
- Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme#
- Residential Building / Commercial Building / Campus Access Control System
- Campus Management System
- Residential Building / Commercial Building / Campus Shuttle Services
- Concession Fares and Services of MTR:
- Student Fare Promotion
- Light Rail Personalised Octopus Frequent User Bonus Scheme
- Lo Wu/Lok Ma Chau Concessionary Travel Scheme
- MTR Monthly Pass Extra
- MTR "10% Same-Day Second Trip Discount" (if applicable)
- MTR Fare Saver Discount
- MTR Points and collected MTR Free Ride under MTR Mobile Account
- KMB Monthly Pass
- Sun Ferry Monthly Ticket/Holiday Return Ticket
- New World First Bus / Citybus Fare Concessions
The following services / offers WILL NOT be transferred to the replacement Octopus:
- Hourly / Monthly Parking Management*
- MTR Park & Ride Scheme*
#The record of public transport expenses and uncollected subsidy of the old Octopus will be transferred to the replacement Octopus. After successful transfer, you can collect the relevant subsidy with the replacement Octopus from the 16th of the following month.
*To enquire about the transfer of these services / offers to a replacement Octopus, please contact the service provider(s) concerned. You will need your replacement receipt to hand.
Other points to note:
- After a replacement Octopus is issued, your old Octopus will be retained for destruction later.
- For hourly / monthly parking management and the MTR Park & Ride Scheme:
- Please DO NOT replace your Octopus after parking in a car park. Otherwise, you will need to take the replacement receipt to the car park shroff office, to make the necessary arrangements to exit the car park.
- It usually takes 3 days to update the Octopus link up record of MTR Mobile Account. Please contact "MTR Points" Service Hotline for details.
- Please refer to the latest concession fare promotions offered by the respective transport operators.