An Anonymous Octopus has no name printed on the back. If you hold an On-Loan Octopus (without brackets for the last digit of the card number) or hear a "Dood~Dood Dood" sound when tapping on Octopus readers, please replace it in the following ways:
Users of iPhone or Apple Watch1 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become an Octopus on iPhone or Apple Watch via the Wallet app, Watch app or Octopus App.
Users of Huawei mobile device2 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become Huawei Pay Octopus via the HUAWEI Wallet or Octopus App.
Users of Samsung mobile devices3 can transfer a physical Octopus4 that needs to be replaced, to become a Smart Octopus in Samsung Pay via the Samsung Pay app and the Octopus App.
If you want to replace your Octopus that needs to be replaced, with a physical Octopus, you can replace it at any Octopus Service Points in designated MTR stations and shopping malls, MTR Customer Service Centres5 (including Light Rail Customer Service Centre).
1 Please click here for the compatible iPhone and Apple Watch.
2 Please click here for the compatible Huawei mobile devices.
3 Please click here for the compatible Samsung mobile devices.
4 Only services / offers from Anonymous On-Loan Adult / Elder Octopus and Personalised On-Loan Adult / Elder Octopus (except designated card types) can be transferred.
5 If the Octopus has an Automatic Add Value Service function, you must process the replacement in person, and take your identity document for verification.
The following services / offers WILL be automatically transferred, if applicable, to the new replacement Octopus:
- The Remaining Value on the Octopus
- The Last 9 Spending Records
- Automatic Add Value Service
- Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme#
- Residential Building / Commercial Building / Campus Access Control System
- Campus Management System
- Residential Building / Commercial Building / Campus Shuttle Services
- Concession Fares and Services of MTR:
- MTR Monthly Pass Extra
- MTR "10% Same-Day Second Trip Discount" (if applicable)
- MTR Fare Saver Discount
- MTR Points and collected MTR Free Ride under MTR Mobile Account
- KMB Monthly Pass
- Sun Ferry Monthly Ticket / Holiday Return Ticket
- New World First Bus / Citybus Fare Concessions
The following services / offers WILL NOT be transferred to the replacement Octopus:
- Hourly / Monthly Parking Management*
- MTR Park & Ride Scheme*
#The record of public transport expenses and uncollected subsidy of the old Octopus will be transferred to the replacement Octopus. After successful transfer, you can collect the relevant subsidy with the replacement Octopus from the 16th of the following month.
*To enquire about the transfer of these services / offers to a replacement Octopus, please contact the service provider(s) concerned. You will need your replacement receipt to hand.
Other points to note:
- After a replacement Octopus is issued, your old card will be retained for destruction later.
- For hourly / monthly parking management and the MTR Park & Ride Scheme:
- Please DO NOT replace your Octopus after parking in a car park. Otherwise, you will need to take the replacement receipt to the car park shroff office, to make the necessary arrangements to exit the car park.
- It usually takes 3 days to update the Octopus link up record of MTR Mobile Account. Please contact "MTR Points" Service Hotline for details.
- Please refer to the latest concession fare promotions offered by the respective transport operators.