Enjoy quick online payments with the all-new Octopus App
Download the Octopus App¹ on your mobile device to pay online safely and conveniently using your Octopus card, O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM or Smart Octopus anywhere anytime, safely and conveniently.
- Shop and pay at designated online merchants
- Purchase and save e-tickets for specific merchants
- Make bill payments at specific merchants and set a monthly reminder to avoid payment delays
- Make donations to specific charity organisations
- Pay with just one tap of your Octopus card on an NFC-enabled Android mobile device or an Octopus Mobile Reader for iOS mobile devices, or through direct deduction from your O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM and Smart Octopus.
- Every time an online payment is made, the purchase amount will only be deducted from the Octopus card, O! ePay account, Octopus Mobile SIM or Smart Octopus. You can check the transaction records instantly on the Octopus App (or the Samsung Pay app if you pay by Smart Octopus), offering you great protection.
- To pay by Octopus card, you have to register the Octopus on the Octopus App first. iOS mobile device users must also equip an Octopus Mobile Reader. To pay by O! ePay, you have to register an O! ePay account first.
- The Octopus App works with Octopus card with a 9-digit number (eight digits plus one single digit inside brackets). If you hold a First Generation On-Loan Octopus card (no brackets around the last digit of the card number), you can replace it at the Octopus Service Points located at designated MTR stations and shopping malls free of charge. Find out more about the Octopus Card Replacement programme!
Download the Octopus App to enjoy the convenience of Octopus Online Payment and check your latest Octopus transaction records.
You can also search and download from the Google Play and App Store!
Please contact the merchant directly to request a refund* of your ordered goods or services. Octopus Cards Limited, as a payment service provider, is not authorised to cancel or refund any order on behalf of the merchant.
Some merchants will give refunds via the Octopus App. If such a merchant has accepted your refund request, you will receive notification via the Octopus App, or you can check the status in the app directly. (The time to process a notification depends on merchants. Some, like Taobao® Marketplace and Tmall Marketplace, can take 3-5 working days.) For payments made by Octopus, tap your Octopus card to your device or Octopus Mobile Reader as normal to collect the refund, or visit an Octopus Service Point. Refunds for payments made with O! ePay will be transferred directly to the user’s account.
If Octopus, Octopus Mobile SIM or Smart Octopus users fail to collect a refund within the collection period stated in the notification, the refund will be cancelled without further notice. You will have to contact the merchant directly to make further arrangements in that case. The collection period limit does not apply to Taobao® Marketplace and Tmall Marketplace.
*Any request for a refund made to Taobao® Marketplace or Tmall Marketplace must be raised within 180 days of payment.
View our Octopus Online Merchant
If you are experiencing difficulties during the online payment process, view our FAQ to help resolve your problem.
Octopus Cards Limited is offering this service free of charge for customers, except for fees at the following merchant(s):
|Payments via Alipay® for merchants on Taobao® Marketplace and Tmall.com||1.5% of purchase value converted into HK$|
The merchant will clearly display the service fee payable to Octopus Cards Limited during the checkout process. Octopus Cards Limited will update the service fee from time to time.
Note: some merchants may charge service fees or administration fees for their online shopping services. Before confirming your payment, please refer to the relevant information provided by the merchants.
The following documents are offered for your reference: