Upgrade your Octopus stored value limit to HK$3,000 to enjoy a more flexible payment experience!
The stored value limit for Smart Octopus was upgraded to HK$3,000 from 1 October 2019 onwards; and the stored value limit of all newly issued Octopus products - including On-Loan Octopus, Sold Octopus, Bank Co-Brand Octopus and Octopus Mobile SIM - was upgraded to HK$3,000 from 1 December 2019 onwards. You can top up with any amount up to HK$3,000 to enjoy a secure, hassle free and more flexible payment experience! If you are an O! ePay Plus or Pro User, you can set up electronic Direct Debit Authorisation (eDDA) (click here to watch the video for eDDA set up), so you can instantly top up your Octopus cards from your bank account to enjoy greater ease and efficiency in payments.
If you have a Smart Octopus issued before 1 October 2019, or Octopus issued before 1 December 2019, you can upgrade its stored value limit via Octopus App* or at Octopus Service Points.
How to upgrade the Octopus stored value limit
Upgrade via Octopus App
- Select "Upgrade stored value limit of Octopus card" under "Settings" in the Octopus App;
- Confirm upgrade to the stored value limit:
- On-Loan Octopus
Tap your Octopus card to the NFC area of your mobile device or Octopus Mobile Reader# until the message "Stored Value Limit successfully upgraded" is shown on screen;
- Smart Octopus
Confirm upgrade to the stored value limit by entering your password or using your iris or fingerprint, until the message "Stored Value Limit successfully upgraded" is shown on screen;
- Octopus Mobile SIM
Tap "Confirm" to upgrade the stored value limit, until the message "Stored Value Limit successfully upgraded" is shown on screen;
- On-Loan Octopus
- You can top up with any amount up to HK$3,000 once the stored value limit of your Octopus has been upgraded.
Upgrade at Octopus Service Point
- Visit any Octopus Service Point and select "Upgrade Stored Value Limit" in the main menu;
- Tap your Octopus on the reader until the message "You have successfully upgraded the stored value limit of your Octopus to HK$3,000" is shown on screen;
- You can now top up your Octopus with any amount up to HK$3,000 to enjoy a more flexible payment experience!
In addition, from 1 December 2019 onwards, you can make payment of up to HK$3,000 for each transaction at the following designated Octopus merchants, including supermarkets and department stores, to meet your daily needs:
*Octopus App Android version 8.12.0 or above; iOS version 5.6.0 or above
#Upgrade service is applicable for:
- Android – NFC enabled mobile devices
- iOS - iPhone 7 or newer with iOS 13 or above, or connected with Octopus Mobile Reader
It is applicable for Octopus card with a 9-digit number only (eight digits plus one single digit inside the brackets).