A Personalised Octopus has the name and/or photo of the cardholder printed on the back of the Octopus. If you hold a First Generation On-Loan Personalised Octopus (those Octopus with card numbers that have no bracket for the last digit as shown on the back of the cards), you have to register for a replacement card.
Replace your octopus easily
*Card replacement programme is NOT applicable to:
- Airport Staff Personalised Octopus
- MTR Corporation Staff Personalised Octopus
- Kowloon Motor Bus Company Staff Personalised Octopus
- New World First Bus Services Company Staff Personalised Octopus
- CityBus Limited Staff Personalised Octopus
- New World First Ferry Services Limited Staff Personalised Octopus
Bring both your old and new On-Loan Personalised Octopus to an Octopus Service Point for data transfer and follow the instructions on screen. All information and most of the linked services/offers will be transferred automatically to the new Octopus, and the old Octopus will be retained for destruction later.
The following services/offers WILL be transferred automatically, if applicable, to the new replacement Octopus:
- The Remaining Value on the Octopus
- The Last 9 Transactions
- Automatic Add Value Service
- Octopus Reward$
- Octopus Rewards - e-Stamp
- Residential Building/Commercial Building/Campus Access Control System
- Campus Management System
- Residential Building/Commercial Building/Campus Shuttle Services
- Café de Coral Club 100 Membership, Bonus Points and e-cash
- Concession Fares and Services of MTR:
- Student Fare Promotion
- Light Rail Personalised Octopus Frequent User Bonus Scheme
- Lo Wu/Lok Ma Chau Concessionary Travel Scheme
- MTR Monthly Pass Extra
- MTR "10% Same-Day Second Trip Discount" (if applicable)
- MTR Fare Saver Discount
- MTR Club Membership and Bonus Points
- Airport Express "Ride to Rewards" Programme Membership and Bonus Points
- New World First Ferry Monthly Ticket/Holiday Return Ticket
- New World First Bus/Citybus Fare Concessions
The following services/offers WILL NOT be transferred to the replacement Octopus:
- Hourly and Monthly Parking Management*
- MTR Park & Ride Scheme*
*To enquire about the transfer of these services/offers to a replacement Octopus, contact the service provider(s) concerned. You will need to have your replacement receipt handy.
Other points to note:
- After a replacement Octopus is issued, your old Octopus will be retained for destruction later.
- For hourly/monthly parking management and the MTR Park & Ride Scheme:
- Please DO NOT replace your Octopus after parking in a car park. If you replaced your Octopus after entering the car park, you will need to bring the Octopus replacement receipt to the car park shroff office to make the necessary arrangements to exit the car park.
- Please note that a card registration request for the MTR Club/Airport Express "Ride to Rewards" programme will be processed within 3 calendar days. Please call the MTR Club hotline or Airport Express "Ride to Rewards" programme hotline for enquiries.
- Please refer to the latest concession fare promotions offered by the respective transport operators.
- This replacement service for the designated Octopus is offered by Octopus Cards Limited. If have any enquiries, please call the Octopus Customer Service hotline on 2266-2222.