Sold Octopus • Lingnan Pass
Octopus Cards Limited and Guangdong Lingnan Pass Company Limited have partnered to launch the Sold Adult "Octopus • Lingnan Pass". This co-named cross border card has both Octopus and Lingnan Pass functions, and contains two separate electronic purses - an Octopus HKD e-purse and a Lingnan Pass RMB e-purse. It can be conveniently used by travelers in both Hong Kong and the Mainland, to further enhance the interoperability of the two places. Currently, Lingnan Pass can be used in seventeen cities in Mainland China including Guangzhou, Foshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Shanwei, Huizhou, Maoming, Zhuhai, Jieyang, Heyuan, Yunfu, Shaoguan, Yangjiang, Zhanjiang, Zhongshan, Qingyuan and Chaozhou.
For more details of the "Octopus • Lingnan Pass", please visit the LingnanPass website at http://lingnanpass.com
On Sale from 18 July, 2012
- Octopus Online Shop
- Terms & Conditions
- This card is distributed in Hong Kong, China by Octopus Cards Limited.
- This card carries payment function in respect of the Octopus HKD purse and the Lingnan Pass RMB purse.
- Customers may use this Octopus to apply for the Octopus Automatic Add Value Service and to register for the Octopus Rewards Programme. Please visit www.octopus.com.hk/aavs and www.octopusrewards.com.hk for details. Octopus Automatic Add Value Service and Octopus Rewards Programme are applicable only to the HKD purse of this Cross Border Octopus.
- The Octopus HKD purse is subject to Conditions of Issue of Octopus, whereas the Lingnan Pass RMB purse is issued subject to Ordinances and Regulations.
- This card has no deposit and is an anonymous sold co-named card, in relation to which loss reporting services are not applicable. Customers should safe keep this card. (Note: If the HKD e-purse of this Cross Border Octopus linked with Automatic Add Value Service, the loss reporting services is offered)
- Any use of this card shall comply with the Conditions of Issue of Octopus and relevant Ordinances and Regulations.
- The Octopus and Lingnan Pass functions on this card are the same as those on an ordinary Adult Octopus and Lingnan Pass.
- This card has no initial stored value. Please add value before use.
- If the value on your Octopus purse is zero or negative, the Octopus purse cannot be used until it is reloaded.
- If the value on your Lingnan Pass purse is zero, the Lingnan Pass purse cannot be used until it is reloaded.
- Useful Tips
- You may add value to the Octopus HKD purse at all Octopus authorized add value service providers with cash up to a maximum stored value of HK$1,000. You may also add value to the Lingnan Pass RMB purse at Lingnan Pass authorized add value service providers with cash up to a maximum stored value of RMB1,000 in mainland China.
- Place this card steadily over an Octopus or Lingnan Pass reader, hold and wait until there is an indication that the transaction is completed and the remaining value is shown on the screen before removing your card. If the transaction is incomplete because you removed your card too quickly from a reader, please present it over the reader again.
- Please record your Octopus and Lingnan Pass numbers for future reference. If the Octopus or Lingnan Pass number cannot be identified, Octopus Cards Limited or Guangdong Lingnan Pass Company Limited may not be able to refund the remaining stored value on the card.
- Do not hold more than one Octopus • Lingnan Pass with another contactless smartcard, over a reader at one time.
- Do not tamper with your Octopus • Lingnan Pass, such as bend, write on, scratch, tap or cut it, or paste stickers, photos or accessories on it. In case of any of the above events, we shall not honour any transactions on the card, or refund any remaining value in it, if applicable.
Sold vs On-Loan Octopus
A Sold Octopus is a specially designed Octopus sold to you. It holds no deposit. Any remaining value on the Sold Octopus is refundable.
An On-loan Octopus is a card lent by Octopus Cards Limited to you. You are required to pay a refundable deposit that covers the card cost and possible negative value.