The "Octopus" App is the upgraded version of "OctoCheck". It is an official application developed by Octopus Cards Limited and is a free application developed for NFC (Near Field Communication)-enabled Android mobile devices (NFC Devices) and is applicable to Octopus with a 9-digit number (eight digits plus one single digit inside the bracket). This application allows you to use your Octopus for the following services via the Internet:
- Check Octopus' remaining value, the latest transaction records and other information1;
- Make Octopus Online Payment at designated online merchants2;
- Conduct Incomplete transaction refund enquiry and collection2;
- Activate AAVS
1 Other information includes Octopus auto-reload amount (applicable to subscribers of the Octopus Automatic Add Value Service (AAVS)), Octopus Reward$ balance (applicable to holders of Octopus Rewards Membership Octopus), enquiry date, time and last reload date either by AAVS or cash.
2 Octopus Online Payment Service and incomplete transaction refund collection are currently not applicable to the Octopus Mobile SIM installed on the same smartphone.
Please click here for the tested NFC Device models and the NFC detection area for selective models.
To enquire about your Octopus information, make online payment or collect incomplete transaction refund or activate AAVS, simply:
Register Your Octopus
- Turn on the NFC function and Internet connection of your NFC Device.
- Open the "Octopus" App and register the Octopus you wish to enquire about or make online payment by pressing the "+" button at the top right corner. This application is only applicable to Octopus with a 9-digit number (eight digits plus one single digit inside the bracket).
- Follow the instruction to input the last five and the bracketed digits of your Octopus number. Select "Enquiry Only" or "Enquiry and Online Payment" service category.
Enquire about your Octopus information or collect incomplete transaction refund
- Place your Octopus at the back of the NFC Device.
- Hold your Octopus steadily until the enquiry results are shown.
- If you wish to check the transaction record of another registered Octopus, please press the 'back' button on your mobile, or await 30 seconds until the displayed results fade out from the screen automatically.
- If you have any incomplete transaction pending refund, the relevant message will be shown and the respective refund amount will be added back to the Octopus automatically.
Octopus Online Payment
- Select "Octopus" as the payment method on the online merchant's payment page.
- Open the "Octopus" App and select "Online Payment".
- Use the QR code scanner in the "Octopus" App, or enter Payment Code to retrieve your payment information.
- Place your Octopus at the back of your NFC Device until the payment receipt is shown.
- Upon successful payment on the NFC Device, you can view your payment records on the "Octopus" App or on the merchant's payment page.
- Open the "Octopus" App and tap "AAVS"
- Tap "Activate AAVS"
- Follow the instruction, Input the ID no. & Date of birth information, then tap "Activate now"
- Place your Octopus at the back of your mobile device to activate AAVS
The "Octopus" App - Step-by-step Demo
- This application is applicable to Android 4.0 or above.
- Each NFC Device can register up to 20 Octopus via this application.
- This application is only applicable to Octopus with 9-digit Octopus number (including eight digits plus one single digit inside the bracket).
- Please place your NFC Device on top of the Octopus and hold it steadily until the enquiry completes.
- Please place only one Octopus at a time during the enquiry. Do not place two or more cards at the back of the NFC Device simultaneously.
- The design of the NFC antenna and transmission power of each NFC Device varies. Most of the handsets are able to read the Octopus in close contact distance. If your Octopus cannot be read properly, please try placing your Octopus about 1 to 2cm away from your handset.
- The Octopus Online Payment Service will be ready 24 hours after one-time registration on your NFC Devices.
Octopus Mobile SIM
You can also use this application to check the remaining value and the latest transaction records of your Octopus Mobile SIM. Please click here for the tested NFC Device models that support Octopus Mobile SIM.
To enquire the Octopus Mobile SIM information, simply:
- Turn on the NFC function.
- Click "Tap to show details" on the Octopus Mobile SIM banner to obtain the remaining value and the latest transaction records.
Alternatively, you can enjoy the convenience of checking the remaining value by one click on your "Octopus" App Home Screen widget. Please click here for details.
You can also search and download from the Google Play!
- Android and Google Play are the trademarks of Google Inc.